Description Job Description:
The Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking talented Geologists in Reston, Virginia. The successful candidate will provide daily broad-based understanding of geological and geotechnical engineering disciplines in a defense environment. The selected candidate will have experience in drilling, core logging, mining, tunnel construction and design, trenchless technology, rock mass characterization and intelligence analysis skills.
- Use exploitation products, intelligence resources and geological/geotechnical expertise to produce intelligence to characterize selected sites.
- Provide geological/geotechnical guidance and judgment throughout the characterization process to produce accurate intelligence estimates.
- Work within a matrixed team to include intelligence & imagery analysts, geologists, and engineers to translate characterization analysis to construct Underground Targeting & Analysis System (UTAS)/ Integrated Munitions Effects Assessment (IMEA) 3-D models for weaponeering.
- Brief senior officials regarding capability trends and analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Geology, Geology or Mining/Geotechnical Engineering discipline with 8+ years of experience conducting geotechnical research and field collection.
- Strong background in geomechanics, computer modeling, field geophysics and tunnel/slope rock mass characterization geotechnical engineering.
- Familiar with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and MATLAB.
Security Clearance Required to be Considered
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
- Current Polygraph
- Professional Geologist accreditation
- Military targeting experience
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.