- The Sr. Operating Engineer/Lead Electrician will perform and/or direct various preventive maintenance and repairs within a given geographic territory. This will include hands-on work to complete the necessary work within company standards and guidelines.
- The Sr. Operating Engineer/Lead Electrician will perform and assist in identification and implementation of OM&R Strategies to ensure safe, reliable and efficient Buildings, Building Systems and equipment within a geographic territory.
- The Sr. Operating Engineer/Lead Electrician will perform minor repairs and helps in the operation, monitoring, and performance of preventive maintenance on the building systems as necessary. Thorough troubleshooting knowledge for electrical control systems related to HVAC equipment is required.
- The Sr. Operating Engineer/Lead Electrician execute Quality Control audits and inspections conducted throughout the territory and deficiency reports provided to supervisors.
- The Sr. Operating Engineer/Lead Electrician will provide technical assistance, training and support in advanced building operations, troubleshooting, and hands-on repair guidance in support of teams within a territory
- The Sr. Operating Engineer/Lead Electrician will perform other work to include hands-on repair & maintenance work on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems, card access systems, door & gates systems, building envelope systems, grounds and parking lots, interior finish systems, lighting systems, and various other R&M tasks associated with operation of a federal or commercial property.
- Master Electrician license required.
Area of Responsibility:
- Ability to effectively manage diverse relationships with team members, contractors, client, and customers.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize work for themselves and others to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime.
- Ability to engage others to gain cooperation and teamwork.
- Conduct performance counseling and performance management of direct reports
- Comprehensive knowledge of Safe Work practices especially regarding energized work, working at heights and confined spaces.
- Ability to recognize, assess and mitigate or eliminate risk.
- Ability to understand and use proper PPE for associated tasks
- Manage and enforce all Lockout/Tagout safety procedures
- Evaluate, train, teach and coach a work force of Electricians, Engineers, and Maintenance Technicians as requested by supervisors.
- Possess hands on skills and knowledge to complete required repairs and maintenance on commercial Building and Building Systems (including but not limited to: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Vertical Transportation, Life Safety, Roofs, Structure, Parking lots and roads)
- Performing the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of mechanical, electrical and power generation equipment and systems to support the critical environment, including large electrical switchgears, power distribution panels, UPS, backup power generators, ATS, MCC as examples.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair service work on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and various other building systems to maintain the properties in peak operational condition.
Experience & Education (include Required and Preferred)
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Comparable work experience
- 7 Years Trade
- 3 Years Engineering
- Applicable codes, laws and regulations
- Master Electrician (current)
- Ability to effectively use computers and computer programs (including use of Microsoft Office Suite)
- Skill in use of the internet to navigate to and use web-based applications.
- Ability to use handheld electronic devices (PDA, iPhone, iPad, etc.)
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Master Level Skill Certification
- NFPA 70E Certified
Competitive benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical & Rx
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
All positions require a background check after acceptance of our offer. The selected candidate will be eligible to begin employment before the background check has been finalized. However, continued employment will be contingent upon the results of your reference/background check from The Building People, LLC. Your position may require special credentialing, clearance, and access as a condition of employment. In the event the government or client does not sponsor or approve your clearance, it may result in termination of your employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.